Women with thinning hair still need to get their sweat on with a good workout. In fact, exercise, a healthy diet and lifestyle can go a long way in complementing the rest of your hair growth strategies.
Here are a few tips to tame your locks while you workout.
- Skip the tight ponytail. The extra pressure and pulling from your hair can further weaken and damage the follicle.
- Opt for small clips or popular elastic headbands with velvet lining. They’ll hold your hair in place without the tight pull of a pony. If you’re feeling handy, you can even make one yourself.
- If an intense workout is what you’re after, consider a bandana. It will hold every hair in place – and make you look pretty cool!
- Hairpieces can be worn for a workout but to extend the life of your piece, leave it in the locker.
- For wig wearers – Both the Private Issue and Sentoo brand of wigs are ideal for the active lifestyle. Private issue is made from Cyberhair so it is more durable — plus both of these wigs are custom fit.
- Try to work out first thing in the morning or later in the evening so you don’t have to wash/style your hair twice a day.
- Post-workout, grab a bottle of dry shampoo – many have a coloring effect and give you thicker looking hair.
So hit the gym, hit the trail, burn the calories and protect your hair. Do you have any favorite hairstyles for working out? We’d love to hear from you!