Summer is around the corner, so it’s time to turn up the heat. But when it comes to your styling products and thinning hair, please proceed with caution. Here are a few tips for caring for your thinning hair when using heated styling products.
- Look for flat irons or curling irons that have a temperature control – and turn it down. Turn it waaaaaay down.
- Don’t tug or pull too much with the flat iron or curling iron when you are styling.
- Use a heat protectant or conditioning treatment on your hair.
- Aim for loose curls instead of tight ones. You won’t pull at your hair and you’ll minimize potential damage.
- Keep your heated styling products clean and free of debris and build up which can tug at your fine, thin hair.
- Opt for hot rollers over curling irons – they don’t get as hot as curling irons and you’ll get a smooth, full look.
- Try to straighten hair without heat. Use smoothing products and a wide-tooth comb to achieve a smooth look.
- Don’t overdo it with heat products.
Try not to use them every day. Our team of professional stylists at Allusions can help you with more tips and styling. Stop by and see us today. And may you enjoy a long, hot summer with cool hair!