When you are experiencing thinning hair or hair loss, you often feel powerless. You think, “Why is this happening?” and “What can I do?” Don’t despair! You can feel empowered to make some simple lifestyle changes that can have a big impact on your thinning hair.
Here are five lifestyle changes to try for Thinning Hair:
1. Cut It – If you hair is thinning or you have hair loss, you probably feel like you want to hold on to every strand. But actually, it may be time for a shorter style. Layered looks offer more volume and shorter hair is much lighter weight allowing for more bounce and fullness. Additionally, you’ll do less brushing, which can damage and pull out healthy hair. We showed some great examples of short hairstyles in our blog post earlier this month.
2. Eat It – It has been clinically shown that a diet rich in whole foods and low in processed foods can help your body in so many ways – and your hair thinning is no exception. Choose green vegetables, fruits and healthy oils in place of boxed or junk foods. You’ll feel better and help create an optimal environment for hair growth.
3. Work It – As you know, beauty regimens aren’t always easy. And dealing with hair thinning is no exception. The treatments are effective, but do require some work on your part – laser hair therapy, vitamin supplements, pharmaceutical grade shampoo, conditioning and styling products and more are all part of the solutions. Putting a little bit of work into your hair will pay off with big rewards.
4. Cool It – Cool it with the heat styling products. Hair dryers, flat irons, curling irons can all damage your precious strands. Look for products that have adjustable temperatures and go easy. Opt for hot rollers that have a more regulated temperature. All will help you protect your hair from thinning.
5. Diagnose It – To truly understand what is happening with your hair thinning and to address it, you should see your doctor. There are simple blood tests and indicators that can determine whether you will need additional treatments.
And please keep in mind that here at Allusions, we offer a free, confidential, no-obligation consultation. We will perform a scalp analysis and we can further discuss these lifestyle changes that can help you manage your hair loss. There are solutions!