Three hundred years ago, wigs were made to be worn by prominent male members of society. Such luxuries were not available to the working class. Today, quality human hair wigs are made readily available to be bought and worn by people of any age, ethnicity, gender, and social status.
Thanks to famous influencers, human hair wigs have been a staple of style trends in recent years. Modern fashion icons like Rihanna or Gwen Stephani continue to spark inspiration with their constantly changing hairstyles and colors, which is precisely what makes wigs such a useful tool in fashion. Because of this, sellers of lower quality products often try to take advantage of the increase in demand.
Finding a seller or company that makes human hair wigs of high quality can be challenging when you don’t know what to look for. Whether you are shopping in person or through an online store, it is essential to be well educated before deciding. Human hair wigs are expensive, don’t end up wasting your money on something unwearable.
Signs of a Reliable Human Hair Wigs Seller
Don’t walk into a store (or click through an online shop) blind. Make a mental checklist of things to look out for when determining if your money will be well spent. Investigate where their wigs come from or who makes them, never be afraid to ask questions. Below are more things to consider and help you make the best choice.
- Is there a range of lace colors to choose from? Human hair wigs are most often built from a lace base or have a lace front to create a natural hairline when worn. A reliable wig store will have many colors available, so you can find one that matches your skin tone.
- Are there cap sizes to choose from? Unreputable stores may only offer one standard size because of the low quality. Be sure they offer at least three sizes (small, medium, and large) and a sizing chart, so you don’t have to deal with future discomfort or puckering. A snug fit is ideal.
- Are care instructions included? You could potentially be spending a large amount of money on a quality human hair wig. You need to know how to take care of one properly, so it lasts long enough to be worth what you paid. All wigs require maintenance to keep their natural, lively style, and care instructions vary from seller to seller.
The Signs of an Unreliable Seller
Unfortunately, sellers of low-quality products may try to take advantage of beginner wig collectors who don’t know any better. One important thing to keep in mind is that price does not equal quality. Scammers like to put a fancy brand or price tag on all of their products just to appear more desirable. Below are more signs to watch out for when shopping.
- The cap has unusual holes or wear. Wig caps are meant to be durable and comfortable; they should be clear of any damage or signs of past use. If your wig arrives in this condition, don’t put it on. Someone may have sold you a pre-owned piece.
- Hair sheds excessively. This is a telltale sign of a low-quality product. Human hair wigs are supposed to be tied by hand with precision; hair should not fall out without good reason.
- The hair doesn’t feel real. If you can touch a wig before buying it, make sure it feels just like touching a real person’s head. If not, trust your instincts. Human hair has a noticeable difference in texture from synthetic hair.
Let Our Experts Help!
Our skilled team of human hair wig experts are here to help! Schedule your FREE consultation today, and feel comfortable with your hair loss solution!